Your greeting is the message played to callers when they reach your voicemail. You can choose from a
selection of different greetings.
- Your personal greeting is your normal message. You recorded your personal greeting when you set
up your account.
- If you do not want to use a personal greeting or an internal greeting, you can choose a system
To work with your greetings, press 3 from the Main menu. When you enter this menu you will hear an
announcement stating what greeting you are currently using, and whether or not you are accepting
Managing your Personal Greeting
Your personal greeting is a message that you will have recorded when you set up your account. It is played
to callers when they reach your voicemail.
If you do not want to use a personal greeting, you can use any of a number of system generated greetings. See below.
To change your personal greeting, press 1 from the greetings menu.
An announcement will play back your current personal greeting. If you haven't recorded an internal greeting, you are immediately prompted to do. If you have, you are presented with the following options.
- To re-record your internal greeting, press 1.
- You will then be prompted to record your new greeting. Press the # key when finished. An announcement will play back your recording.
- To use your new recording, press 1
- To re-record it, press 2
- To exit without saving any changes, press 3.
- To exit without making any changes, press *.
Managing your System-generated Greetings and Name Recording
Rather than using a personal greeting, you can use one of the system-generated greetings. Optionally, to
help callers determine that they have reached the right account, the system-generated greetings can include
a recording of your name.
To set up your system-generated greetings and name recording, press 3 from the greetings menu. An
announcement will state the type of greeting you are currently using.
- To select the type of and to activate system-generated greetings, press 1.
- If you are currently using a personal greeting and want to use a system-generated greeting, you must first press 1 to confirm that you want to select a system-generated greeting instead.
- The system initially chooses a system-generated greeting that includes your recorded name.
- After confirming, or if you are already using a system-generated greeting, you are offered the following options.
- To use a greeting that includes your recorded name, press 1.
- To use a greeting that includes your number, press 2.
- To use a greeting that includes neither your name, nor your number, press 3.
- To review or re-record your recorded name, press 4, and then refer to To review or re-record your spoken name.
- In each case above, an announcement plays the new greeting.
- To select and use this greeting, press 1.
- To change your mind and select a different greeting, press 2.
- To review or re-record your recorded name, press 2
- To re-record your name, press 1, record your name, and press # when finished.
- To accept it, press 1.
- To re-record it, press 2.
- To exit without saving your any changes, press 3.
- To exit to the previous menu, press *.