Moving Your Internet & Phone: A Handy Checklist
Finding a new home is both exciting and daunting. Of the millions of things there are to think about before moving, your Phone and Internet services are a couple of the top priorities to consider. With that in mind we here at Execulink have put together a checklist of ways to prepare your telecom services for the big move.
- Verify your new home is serviceable with working phone jacks and/or Cable access and if not, be sure to discuss inside wiring with your provider or with an electrician.
- Contact us at least 2 weeks before moving and provide correct and full address details including unit/apt number and the postal code.
- Verify service availability at the new address.
- If moving out of city, make sure a new phone number has been provided by your previous phone supplier, if applicable. If we are providing the phone, we will give you your new phone number when you call.
During the Move:
- Make sure all equipment is accounted for (modems, power cords, etc).
- Ensure someone over the age of 18 can be at the new address for the install (if access is required).
- Ensure you have provided us with an active cell phone number and an active email address for contact purposes. Having a backup cell and active email address for contact purposes is important to ensure that we can contact you if necessary.
- Return any unneeded equipment (if applicable) to Execulink Telecom, 1127 Ridgeway Rd., Woodstock, ON, N4V 1E3.
We know it won’t eliminate your stress entirely, but hopefully this list will at least help keep you organized. Best of luck with your move!