911 Emergency Information
Execulink Telecom Digital Phone 911 Emergency Calling service may have certain limitations as compared with traditional 911. We want to make sure that you are aware of the important differences in the way 911 services operates with Digital Phone when compared with traditional telephone services.
911 Emergency Service Types
You will have E911 (Enhanced 911) service if your telephone number corresponds to your address and
municipality where you permanently reside and if E911 is available in your serving area. Your call is
automatically routed to the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) corresponding to your address and the emergency operator will have your telephone and address information. You may be required to verify your name, telephone number and address with the emergency operator.
B911 (Basic 911) Service:
You will have Basic 911 Service if your telephone number does not correspond to your address and
municipality where you permanently use your voice service. You will be automatically routed to a specialized call centre that handles emergency calls. The call centre is different from the Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) that would answer a traditional emergency call. You will be required to provide your name, telephone number and address to the call centre operator.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that Execulink has the correct municipal address of where the Service will be accessed. The Customer further acknowledges that the Service will not recognize if the Customer has accessed the Service at a different location than originally provided to Execulink. In the event of moving, it is the Customer’s sole responsibility to notify Execulink of the new municipal address and advises this to be done immediately for continuance of service.
Access to 911 Emergency Service
In addition to other limitations regarding 911 Emergency Service set out in your Terms of Service and other Execulink Telecom documentation, the following limitations apply to the provision of the 911 service on those Execulink Telecom Services provided over the following technologies: FTTB (fibre to the building), Digital Phone over Cable and IP based telephony via Digital Phone and Hosted Phone services. Theses, including the E911 Service, may not be available during network outages, including Planned and Emergency Maintenance.
These Services will cease to function during extended power outages, that is, once any attached battery back-up has been depleted. The Customer is responsible to inform all persons who may be present at the Service Location, including residents, guests, employees and other persons, of these and any other limitation or requirement associated with 9-1-1 Emergency Service. The Customer is solely responsible for the supply of electrical power necessary for these Services.
Digital Phone 911 Tips
1. When you dial 911 using Execulink Telecom’s Digital Phone Service, you will be connected to an intermediate operator. This operator will ask that you confirm your location and will then transfer you to the emergency services agency that serves the area you have identified.
2. When calling for emergency help, you will need to notify the operator of your name, location and a call-back number with the operator. This is particularly important because Digital Phone is potentially mobile, and can be connected at any location that has an Internet connection. If you have moved your Digital Phone device to a location other than your registered 911 address, the 911 operator will have no way of knowing your current location unless you tell them.
3. Execulink Telecom’s Digital Phone service, including the ability to dial 911, may be unavailable during a power failure, network or broadband Internet outage, or if your service is disconnected or suspended due to non-payment. We recommend that you keep an alternative phone service (such as a cellular telephone) to increase the reliability of your access to emergency services during any service interruption.
4. In the event that you cannot speak, the operator may assume that you are located at the address you registered with Execulink Telecom. Therefore, you should ensure this information is updated whenever you move your Digital Phone service. Please contact Execulink Telecom’s customer service team at 1-877-393-2854 if you are permanently moving your Digital Phone service. 911 Service address changes will take 5 days to update.
5. If you call 911, stay on the line until instructed to hang up. Do not disconnect your 911 call. Call back if you get disconnected.
6. Ensure that you understand the 911 limitations of your Digital Phone service and that other potential users in your household are made aware of these limitations. Please feel free to contact Execulink Telecom’s Customer Service team at 1-877-393-2854 if you have any questions regarding Execulink Telecom’s Digital Phone 911 Emergency Calling Service.
7. Execulink Telecom complies with CRTC service obligation rulings for 911 services as a local service provider. For further reference on all 911 services, please reference http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2005/dt2005-61.htm