Digital Phone Setup
Physical Configuration of the ATA (Black Cisco Box)
- Connect the telephone straight into the port labelled Phone1.
- Connect another ethernet cord into the modem or router and the other end to the “Internet” port at the back of the ATA.
- Connect one end of the the 5V power adapter into the ATA and the other end into a UPS, surge protector or electrical outlet.
(Note: If no lights appear on the ATA after you connect both ends of the power adapter, ensure that both ends are connected tightly and try another electrical outlet. If you still cannot get a green power light, or encounter any other technical problems, contact our technical support department.)
Bootstrapping the ATA:
- Connect one end of an ethernet cable to the “Ethernet” port on the back of the ATA and the other end to your computer.
- On your computer, browse to the following address. 192.168.15.1.
- When prompted to log in, enter the username of admin and the password of admin.
- Click on the following address again, 192.168.15.1.
- The ATA will reset. This can take anywhere between a few seconds and 5 minutes.
- Once the process is complete, the phone 1 light should come on and you should have dial tone from the ATA.
- If a phone 1 light does not appear then unplug the power to the ATA for at least 30 seconds and power it back on to see if it will update properly and establish a connection.